The Leadership Team
The leadership team was created out of need for building a structure for DD&I to manage initiatives, plan our activities at DrupalCon, and balance the work of running the meetings and engagement. The current members of the team were selected by Nikki Stevens, founder, of the most active contributors and people who were already leading or managing initiatives.
- Tara King - sparklingrobots
- Alanna Burke - aburke626
- Marc Drummond - mdrummond
- Elli Ludwigson - ekl1773
- Alex Laughnan - laughnan
- Alex McCabe - alexdmccabe
Leadership Council (Internal)
- Fatima Khalid - sugaroverflow
- Nikki Stevens - drnikki
- Ruby Sinreich - rubyji
- Greg Dunlap - gdd
- Nat Catchpole - catch
- Heather Rodriguez - hrodrig
Advisory Board (External)
- To be announced
We received some feedback at DrupalCon Nashville (2018) that there was a lack of transparency around how the leadership team was selected and the duties they were responsible for. Thus, we started to define the leadership team, roles, and other DD&I governance processes.
We believe the leadership team should be around 5 - 10 people, consisting of multiple roles - leadership team members who are active in the work, an internal group of council, and external advisory members who can help us succeed in the work that we do.
All leadership team members are able to shift roles whenever needed for as long as needed and are able to leave the team whenever they see fit. The Leader will schedule periodic check-ins with leadership team members.
- Responsible for the overall group
- Working on and managing initiatives and relationships
- Checking in with leadership team
- Running periodic meetings with the advisory board
- Periodically lead the main channel meeting
- Participate in text-based weekly leadership meetings
- Participate in quarterly leadership team video calls.
- Each member of the leadership team will self select an initiative to work on.
- For each initiative they work on, they must set a goal for the year and report progress on that goal during leadership meetings.
- Advisors internal to the leadership team.
- These individuals will be a part of the day to day of the leadership team, but can be involved in a self-defined capacity.
- Advisors external to the leadership team
- These are mostly from the Drupal community as a form of partnership and to foster collaboration
- Meetings occur periodically in a separate slack channel